Thursday, November 13, 2008

IE6 must die


I've just been working on a website development, everything works perfectly acrross different browsers but IE6. It occurred to me how much easier my life would be if IE6 would kindly die.



On this particular job I would estimate that about 20% of my time has been spent tweaking for IE6's favor. What a waste of time! But I have to, still 30% traffic for Stuff.co.nz come from IE6. What a pain in the arse!
If you’re still using IE6, please, please, please upgrade your browser or use Firefox or Chrome.
Below are100 reasons why I hate Internet Explorer 6
var i=1;
for (i=1;i<=100;i++) {
document.write(i + "Bad CSS rendering ");
}

3 comments:

November 13, 2008 at 2:40 PM Anonymous said...

Display a message (in yellow bar), "You are using an outdated browser, please upgrade your browser" to IE6 users.

November 13, 2008 at 3:48 PM Anonymous said...

I would agree with you on this post. I think a lot of the frustrations that designers and developers feel is certainly misguided. Hating IE6 is the easy thing to do but if anything we should hate the fact that people are still using this browser. Microsoft has released IE7 and is getting ready to release IE8 so it's not like people don't have choices. So I guess the answer to your post would be the reason we hate on IE6 so much is because it's the easiest target to place the blame on.

November 13, 2008 at 9:04 PM Daniel&Cynthia said...

IE6 is my Favorite. I will be the last one to use it. ^__^

Post a Comment