Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Firebug for IE

As a web developer, I'm constantly using Firebug, but when it comes to testing in IE it's a nightmare if there's any bugs.

Firebug does provide a 'lite' version, but you have to have in it in every page you want to debug.

Although the lite version of Firebug is nowhere near the fully featu(red) Firefox version, it does allow me to do some interrogation of the DOM and objects I've created.

So I tweaked the lite version and now I can load the Firebug lite in to any page I want via a bookmarklet.

firebug for IE

How to install

  1. Insert this line of code into any page that you want to contain Firebug lite:
    <script type='text/javascript' src='http://getfirebug.com/releases/lite/1.2/firebug-lite-compressed.js'></script>
  2. I recommend you download the tweaked firebug.js on to your own server for piece of mind

0 comments:

Post a Comment